Write from map structured operation cannot add new line (\n)?
Using the write from map structured operation, we are unable to add literal text such as "\n" after calling the map structured rule in the method. This is clarified in Pega help but also a limitation to our requirement and perhaps something that is generally requested so I am hoping there is another way to do this when we need to write a structured file.
We should be able to have a way to carriage return upon completion of a map structured record but the current platform does not enable us to do this. There is a workaround but when running a partitioned data flow (multi-threading) we can end up with a file with multiple records on one line followed by multiple carriage returns which is not the intention.
The workaround is to add a second step after the first connect-file step and with the write from clipboard operation, add literal string "\n"
***Updated by Moderator: Marissa to add SR Exists group tag; updated categories; add Feedback ID***
**Moderation Team has archived post**
This post has been archived for educational purposes. Contents and links will no longer be updated. If you have the same/similar question, please write a new post.
I have submitted the enhancement request on your behalf and updated your original post with the Feedback ID. If you want this feature as well, please contact your Account Executive with the Feedback ID.
Marissa | Community Moderator | Pegasystems Inc.
Keep up to date on this post and subscribe to comments
- Writing to next line after using Connect-File (operation: write from Map Structured rule) possible?
- While writing the file using Map Structured Rule, How do I write the next record in the new line?
- How to have a new line using Map Structured in Connect-File method?
- Structured Map- How to add Carriage Return as a pad character or property string litteral
- Map Structured Rule does not remove pad characters when mapping from property to clipboard