What is the difference between "BIX Extract run from Agent scheduler" and "BIX Extract run from UNIX script (CA7 job)".
Could you please explain in what purpose we use UNIX script to run PEGA BIX Extract.
***Updated by moderator: Lochan to add Categories***
**Moderation Team has archived post**
This post has been archived for educational purposes. Contents and links will no longer be updated. If you have the same/similar question, please write a new post.
BIX, till 7.1.8, was not available with all the options to be run via a Pega platform agent. If things needed to be scheduled to run at regular intervals, command line (batch script or shell script) was the only option.
Note that when run via an agent, it will run in a background thread in the same JVM as the node where it has been scheduled to run. If run via a shell script, it spawns a new JVM (process) to extract the data. So the call is whether to load the current JVM with extra processing or to spawn a new one.
Keep up to date on this post and subscribe to comments
- Recommended BIX Extract schedule- Agent or scheduling jobs (Crontab or Control-M).
- BIX: End tag is missing, while running extracts through scheduling Agents (Intermittent Issue)
- How can I run multiple extract rules using a BIX command line extract process either at the same time or at different time zones using Cron-Job.
- Which Agent/Agent Schedule is running the Purge&Archive jobs?
- BIX Extract sometimes does not run even stand alone not from Agent rule- Getting expection- ERROR- SQL error getting the next row to be extracted