Split processing to run in parallel
We have an agent that gets data from an upstream application.In the agent activity, we are calling 2 activities - PAT,PNT. Since PAT takes a long time to execute, PNT has to wait until that time and our processing time becomes huge, around 7hrs. Our requirement is to put these 2 processes in parallel so that while PAT is executing, PNT also runs and completes its own processing. We thought of making our process a flow based one by using Split/Join; however since agent activity is the first activity that gets called, pega work objects(WOs) are not formed at that stage and we are unable to work with flows. Is there another way to process these 2 activities in parallel. FYI, PAT does a RDB-List to extract WOs with TS prop = 'AT' and PNT does a RDB-List to extract WOs with TS prop = 'NT' and then these results are processed and the main WO flow starts. Thanks.
***Updated by Moderator: Marissa to close post***
This post has been archived for educational purposes. Contents and links will no longer be updated. If you have the same/similar question, please write a new post.
Keep up to date on this post and subscribe to comments
- Split-join not processing splitted flows in parallel
- One of the parallel task with in the split join got stuck and it is disappeared for a particular instance...
- Whats the difference between normal process and parallel process in 7.2?
- Federation of databases (7.2.1 running Windows with SQL database split-schema to 7.1.6 running AIX with DB2 database single-schema)
- Parallel Processing using Agents