SESSION_PER_USER limit exceeded
In our Pega 7 Cloud application we have a number of jdbc connections to external databases. These databases are configured as resources in the context xml file.
During normal usage we found that the number of Pega connections at any time sits around 15 - 20 sessions. The environment has four nodes and the context xml file for each node has the maxActive flag set to 25. That means in theory Pega could only ever have 100 connections to the external database. The session_per_user limit at the database level is set to 200.
However, whenever the environment is restarted, on initial connection there is an excessive amount of connections made to the database (400+). As a result the session_per_user limit is exceeded and the connectivity is lost until we resave the Database Name rule.
It has been recommended that we increase the session_per_user limit on the external database, this is not an option as it is arleady set at 200 which we consider to be excessive given that the day-to-day number of sessions is so low. Has anyone experienced this kind of issue before or is there a setting in a different configuration file I am missing?
***Updated by moderator: Marissa to add SR Exists group tag***
**Moderation Team has archived post**
This post has been archived for educational purposes. Contents and links will no longer be updated. If you have the same/similar question, please write a new post.
After further investigation a solution was found for this by ading an initial size parameter value to the datsource in the context xml file.
Keep up to date on this post and subscribe to comments
- Repeating grid auto scroll when the width exceeds the screen limit (For all resolutions)
- PEGA0017:Cache exceeds limit
- Maximum elapsed time crossed and showing Interaction limit exceeded 30s
- 'The code of method method1_circum0(ClipboardPage, boolean, boolean, String, boolean, String) is exceeding the 65535 bytes limit' error
- 421 4.4.2 Message submission rate for this client has exceeded the configured limit