Question

SESSION_PER_USER limit exceeded

Hi,

In our Pega 7 Cloud application we have a number of jdbc connections to external databases. These databases are configured as resources in the context xml file.

During normal usage we found that the number of Pega connections at any time sits around 15 - 20 sessions. The environment has four nodes and the context xml file for each node has the maxActive flag set to 25. That means in theory Pega could only ever have 100 connections to the external database. The session_per_user limit at the database level is set to 200.

However, whenever the environment is restarted, on initial connection there is an excessive amount of connections made to the database (400+). As a result the session_per_user limit is exceeded and the connectivity is lost until we resave the Database Name rule.

It has been recommended that we increase the session_per_user limit on the external database, this is not an option as it is arleady set at 200 which we consider to be excessive given that the day-to-day number of sessions is so low. Has anyone experienced this kind of issue before or is there a setting in a different configuration file I am missing?

 

Thanks,

Mark

***Updated by moderator: Marissa to add SR Exists group tag***

**Moderation Team has archived post**

This post has been archived for educational purposes. Contents and links will no longer be updated. If you have the same/similar question, please write a new post.

Group Tags

Correct Answer
December 21, 2016 - 3:24am

Hi,

After further investigation a solution was found for this by ading an initial size parameter value to the datsource in the context xml file.

Kind regards,

Mark

Comments

Keep up to date on this post and subscribe to comments

Mod
December 6, 2016 - 3:50am

Hi Mark,

We noticed that this is currently being investigated through an ongoing SR. Please let us know for any updates.

Regards,
Lochan  |  Community Moderator  |  Pegasystems Inc.

Lochana | Community Moderator | Pegasystems Inc.

December 21, 2016 - 3:24am

Hi,

After further investigation a solution was found for this by ading an initial size parameter value to the datsource in the context xml file.

Kind regards,

Mark

Mod
December 21, 2016 - 4:46am
Response to MarkM379

Hi Mark,

Thank you for updating the post with the resolution!

Regards,

Lochan

Lochana | Community Moderator | Pegasystems Inc.