Restart the server + Column Populator
Do we need to restart the app server after the column populator utility ( sh prpcutils.sh expose) is ran? The below PDN link suggest we need to restart but trying to understand why do we need to do , since the changes are directly done on the database.
**Moderation Team has archived post**
This post has been archived for educational purposes. Contents and links will no longer be updated. If you have the same/similar question, please write a new post.
Enclosed are the scenarios where we generally recommend restarts;
- Any DB level changes (SQL changes) requires a restart
- If the deployment involves only PRPC rules the restart is not required
Other scenario's where you would need a server restart;
- Any application server level changes (new JVM parameters, any other configurations)
- Applying PRPC hotfixes which involves changes to java class files
- Applying any server or DB level fixes
Keep up to date on this post and subscribe to comments
- How to Expose a column without server restart
- Populating database columns using the service-enabled Column Populator utility
- After database restart we must restart also application server
- Restart of Application Server (PEGA Dev Server)
- Why do we have to restart the application server whenever we have a DB server changes.