PrpcServiceUtils Want to encrypt pega.rest.server.url operator password
A quick background - I am using prpcserviceutils command line tool to achieve export/import the prpc product. It is working good. however, as part of security requirements we cannot keep plain text password on server hence there is a need to encrypt the operator password used at pega.rest.server.url parameter which is supplied from within prpcserviceutils.properties file.
Just fyi .. we have already implemented/utilizing the keyring password file for DB connection but not sure if the same method can be used at operator password field.
Appreciate a quick response with some workaround...
Thanks and Regards
**Moderation Team has archived post**
This post has been archived for educational purposes. Contents and links will no longer be updated. If you have the same/similar question, please write a new post.
As i see currently there is no support for encrypted user password, may be you can raise an enhancement request for this requirement.
Keep up to date on this post and subscribe to comments
- PrpcServiceUtils encrypt pega.rest.server.url operator passwords
- Operator password encryption after upgrade
- Has anyone used Data at Rest Encryption in Pega using Transparent Data Encryption (TDE).
- Using prpcServiceUtils to connect remotely to Pega environment running on Tomcat server for import of jars works correctly when using http endpoint but fails when using https.
- Why the URL parameters get encrypted in Pega 8? (?pzuiactionzzz=...)