PDN or Pega Help sought re: Pages & Classes
I have taken SAE I & II and have really not gotten a grasp of what is going on in the "Pages & Classes" tab. I have tried searching PDN and Mesh, as well as the online help, but really am not quite getting it. Is there a better overall guide to understanding this tab and the concepts it is trying to present?
I'm quite comfortable with inheritance/polymorphism, instantiation of objects, etc, but I just don't know what is being done here. When I ask people it's a bit like 5 blind guys describing an elephant - I get a different answer each time.
Where I am stumped is:
- are we declaring "new" variables / objects / whatever that are to be of the specified class?
- if not, if we are just stating a reference to something (which implies it already exists), where does that come from - is it assumed to be on the Clipboard?
- is it something altogether different than either of these?
***Updated by moderator: Marissa to close post***
This post has been archived for educational purposes. Contents and links will no longer be updated. If you have the same/similar question, please write a new post.
Let me try and answer your questions
- The values in pages and classes are like defining variables of a certain class. They are not doing a "new”.
- If you need to do a new for those variables, you need to use the "Page-New” method in the activity (if its an activity).
- Otherwise, they are assumed to be references to pages in the clipboard in the current pega thread.
So it is more like references to objects of different types within your current class.
Keep up to date on this post and subscribe to comments
- Re: ECS & Service rules, Service rules best class.
- Usage of $Any / $Class / $None in pages & Classes- Guardrail arround their usage? Is their use is still supported and encouraged in Pega 7.2?
- Pages & Classes- Page Class
- Pages & Classes naming conventions for including data from other classes in a section
- No page in clipboard after specifying in pages & classes