Obj-Browse vs Datapage (Thread level using Report Definition) which is the best way to fetch data from table
We have a table with Exposed columns, I have to fetch data from the table every time my service is called.
What is the best way to fetch data from a performance / Pega Gaurdrails perspective. (Obj-browse in activity or Datapage in activity / DT)?
**Moderation Team has archived post**
This post has been archived for educational purposes. Contents and links will no longer be updated. If you have the same/similar question, please write a new post.
Data page should be the right approach, as it is guardrail compliant and you need not write activity for loading a data page.
You can also write unit tests for data page, so that it can auto tested.
As you need to make a fresh call to db for every interaction, performance wise it would be same for obj-browse and data page + report definition.
In future if you want add joins to your query, obj-browse doesn't support that only report can do it. Considering all these, it would be good go with Data page and report.
Keep up to date on this post and subscribe to comments
- Obj-Browse to fetch multiple rows from Data Table and assign the response to a PageList
- Compare performance of a Report Definition and Obj-Browse
- I'm trying to use obj-browse to examine my index table entries but I keep getting <Can't use property "pzPVStream" in this report. It's not a column and it doesn't exist in the Blob.>
- Obj-Browse on Data class which is mapped to external table and not having pzPVStream column throws ERROR
- Obj-Browse on external table with char data type as key field.