NOTICE: Mobile Build Server Requires Secure Connection
The Mobile Build Server operates via SSL and any Pega 7 server connectinng to needs to have the GoDaddy Root Certificate Authority installed on its system.
Follow the information below to understand how to install the GoDaddy Certificate Authority on your Pega 7 server.
This issue will come up with attempting to build a custom mobile application for iOS or Android. You may notice the following entries in your Pega 7 log files.
- com.ibm.jsse2.util.h: PKIX path building failed: java.security.cert.CertPathBuilderException: PKIXCertPathBuilderImpl could not build a valid CertPath.; internal cause is:
java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: The certificate issued by CN=Go Daddy Root Certificate Authority - G2, O="GoDaddy.com, Inc.", L=Scottsdale, ST=Arizona, C=US is not trusted; internal cause is:
java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: Certificate chaining error
2016-08-24 12:22:22,858 [ PegaRULES-Batch-1] [ STANDARD] [ BeCounted:01.01.01] (nvoke.Rule_Connect_REST.Action) ERROR lakem - com.pega.pegarules.pub.services.ConnectorException: Caught unhandled exception: javax.net.ssl.SSLPeerUnverifiedException: peer not authenticated
The default path to the trust store on your Pega 7 server will most likely be located here:
In order to check if cacerts contains required entry execute the following. This command will list all entries, so you should search/grep for Go Daddy Root Certificate Authority - G2.
If you want to use truststore different than java one see (especially parts related to truststoreFile), see also:
- Tomcat (truststoreFile): Apache Tomcat 8 Configuration Reference (8.0.37) - The HTTP Connector
- JBoss: https://developer.jboss.org/thread/160371
- Web Logic: https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E23943_01/web.1111/e13707/identity_trust.htm#SECMG382
- WebSphere (How to specify the keystores and truststores): IBM WebSphere Developer Technical Journal: Using the Java Secure Socket Extension in WebSphere Application Server
***Thank you to Wieslaw Bondyra for this information***
**Moderation Team has archived post**
This post has been archived for educational purposes. Contents and links will no longer be updated. If you have the same/similar question, please write a new post.
Keep up to date on this post and subscribe to comments
- When we try to build a mobile app using Pega 7 personal edition, we receive the following error "Build failed, Build server is not accessible".
- "Pega Proactive Notice: Thread Locking" for PRPC731.
- Pega Proactive Notice: Thread Locking
- Pega Mobile Build server credentials
- Mobile Build Server Config Questions