Need Suggestion on - Application's CUSTOM Activities Optimaztion with DataTransforms
In our Pega application, we are looking at an Initiative - Application's CUSTOM Activities Optimation with DataTransforms. Basically, we want to review the major activities configured in our application to see if we can re-write them to Data Transforms.
Why Pega recommends DataTransforms over Activities?
Why ACTIVITIES should be considered as LAST OPTION ?
What are the KEY Benefits of having our code in Data Transforms rather than Activities?
The thought of this Initiative... Is it worth ???
If this Initiative is worth... then with what type of Activities we should Start with ? Like...
Activities with more Steps in it ?
Activities which are taking more time, CPU, etc to complete ?
Please share your thoughts and advises... so that it will be helpful for us to Proceed.
Hari Kumar Alampuru
***Updated by moderator: Marissa to close post***
This post has been archived for educational purposes. Contents and links will no longer be updated. If you have the same/similar question, please write a new post.
Thanks so much for the quick & detailed response !!
Just to summarize, on the benefits which you mentioned in your earlier note.
From Performance perspective:
- DTs slightly more optimized for doing things like data mapping.
- DTs are efficient for faster moving of data between pages
From Developers/Code Understanding Perspective:
- Data Transforms allow developers to add 'comment' steps that help make them easier to read.
- Data Transforms tend to be more 'self documenting' than their Activity brothers
I think, our leadership will be interested more on the Performance perspective. I will start this Initiative by identifying the Top 10 Activities in which extensive DataMapping happening and see if they can be impolemented in DataTransforms.
Once again thanks for reply. Will keep this discussion Open for few more days so that others who already worked on Similar Tasks or on DT's to share their thoughts.
Hari Kumar Alampuru
Keep up to date on this post and subscribe to comments
- Can't interrogate on- screen keyboard
- how to Keep Alive outer java application's session when inner (PRPC) application's session is active
- Setting logging level to debug for a class to debug 'No failure response set by custom authentication activity'
- Unable to launch 'AutoLoan' Microsite that is included in the sample Customer Relationship Management application within Pega Marketing for Financial Services
- How to reply on customer's tweet from Pega CS Application