Importing Product Rules, System goes down, PRPC Fails to Restart.
I was importing product rules from one server to another. I was able to import two product rules succesfully but when I started the third import the system hanged and is now unreachable. I looked in our weblogic application and saw that prpc has failed. I have restarted the server but prpc is still failing to restart. I was hoping to get any insight on how to fix this problem we are having.
**Moderation Team has archived post**
This post has been archived for educational purposes. Contents and links will no longer be updated. If you have the same/similar question, please write a new post.
The other SRs were for other issues, not this one.
We were actually able to pinpoint and fix the issue late yesterday. Our two app nodes were using different db runtime users. Also, there may or may not have been an issue with permissions for the runtime user, but I'm not positive about that.
Our takeaway here is that when PRPC fails to restart, make sure to double check the runtime user on all nodes and the permissions for the runtime user.
Keep up to date on this post and subscribe to comments
- Is there a way to make PRPC create a history record for each rule / data instance in the Product (Rule-Admin-Product) as part of importing the code in higher environments?
- Importing PRPC6.3sp1 Product to PRPC7.1 Tenancy instance make system mess
- Deleting a ruleset indirectly causes validation of rules, which could fail
- Import Rules/Data Failed-- RuleSetVersion xxx is locked on the target system
- Requirement to Provide Drop Down, which will display only years in some range, How can we achive this is there any OOTB Configuration /Control for this?