How to download a file( binary stream) received from external system REST Service response in Pega application
We have a requirement to search and download a document/file from an external system which exposed a REST API.
In pega(v7.1.7), we have created a CONNECT-REST to call this REST API and tried to access document from external system. We are able to search the documents Metadata( which is in JSON format) by mapping response to JSON.
But we are not able to download the file when tried the appropriate download function of externa API. However if we try the external API download URL in broswer it prompt the file download option.
We need the same(download prompt) from Pega screen, while user take download action and pega calls external download API via CONNECT-REST.
Does any body implement this with CONNECT-REST? Please suggest any way to solve this problem.
Thanks & Regards,
**Moderation Team has archived post**
This post has been archived for educational purposes. Contents and links will no longer be updated. If you have the same/similar question, please write a new post.
Keep up to date on this post and subscribe to comments
- Rest Response attachment stream for large files of size 500 MB gives java heap space error, can we choose the location to write file instead of stream to a property in response, similar to OOTB CMIS GetContentStream
- Converting PDF (Binary Stream) to AFP format(Printer friendly format)
- Pega REST Service to support multipart/form-data for receiving File
- Can we zip the Json file in response of a REST service and send it accross to the connecting application?
- How to refer REST service hosted in Pega (Expecting a request from an external system) from an activity (connect activity that is specified from an Assignment Service shape)? What is the method used and what are the inputs required?