How to achieve High Availability in pega 7.1.8 agents.
We are looking to implement High availability in Agents to make the Prod to DR switch less painful. Currently during Prod - DR switches, we need to manaully stop agents on Prod and enable them on DR. Is it possible to use loadbalanced url somehow?
***Updated by moderator: Lochan to update Categories; added SR details***
**Moderation Team has archived post**
This post has been archived for educational purposes. Contents and links will no longer be updated. If you have the same/similar question, please write a new post.
I had a look into the SR for you and found that the root cause was that the information in the document was creating a confusion.
The implication that any URI reference such as the Host Name in a file listener, can be replaced with a load balanced URI is incorrect. There is no inherent fail over possibility for the file listener.
Agents have no inherent way in their definition to specify a 'load-balanced' URL for redundancy in the Pega 7 cluster either.
What is meant is that any reference to an external URI can and should be a resource that has either fail over capability or redundancy behind it.
There is nothing in Listeners or Agents per se that cause them to be treated any differently than other references to external resources such as Connect Rules or other integration points to external resources.
Lochan | Community Moderator | Pegasystems Inc.
Keep up to date on this post and subscribe to comments
- Does Pega 7.1.8 support both High Availability and MultiTenancy at the same time?
- How ActiveNonQuiesceAdminUserCount is determined by Pega for High Availability Feature (Pega 7.1.8)
- Configuring full-text search for high availability on Pega 7.18
- Why not enable the "Run this agent on only one node at a time" for the Advanced Pega marketing agents for high availability?
- In-flight cases queued to SLA agent- Upgrade to Pega 7.1.8