Generating XMLs out of work objects for Reporting
I have a question related to an approach we are deciding upon for our reporting requirements. We have a requirement to create datastore out of our application which can be used by other internal systems to create reports (NOT Pega reports but BO) out it. Generally the traditional way would have been to expose the properties in database columns or by declarative indexing. But looking at the huge volume of properties, both simple and complex, we have decided to try out generating XML's out of each work object that is being updated or created and sending this XML's to the reporting application. The reporting application will be responsible to parse these XML's and create a datastore out of these messages. We would like to know and hear from anyone has given a thought or implemented this approach and any challenges faced while doing so. Any articles on PDN that someone can direct me towards about this approach? Thanks in advance. I have placed this question under general category since I wasn't sure where this truly belongs to.
***Updated by moderator: Marissa to close post***
This post has been archived for educational purposes. Contents and links will no longer be updated. If you have the same/similar question, please write a new post.
Keep up to date on this post and subscribe to comments
- Generate Correspondence for Reports (without Work Object & Work Party)
- Generate Word document and attach to work object
- Generating an excel file and attachng it to work object
- We are facing issue while generating model schema and model for our work object using the OOTB swagger js, please read description for more info
- Generate a Word Document out of Word Template on Server Side and attach to work object. Please suggest.