Creation of new tab to display new work object in portal using snapstart URL
I am trying to achieve a functionality using snapstrart URL.
My requirement is 'To launch a portal using snapstart URL and to create a workobject and to display it in new tab in a user portal'.
I have tried with RedirectandRun activity and no luck with it. Could anyone suggest me with some idea to achieve this requirement?
***Updated by moderator: Lochan to add Categories***
**Moderation Team has archived post**
This post has been archived for educational purposes. Contents and links will no longer be updated. If you have the same/similar question, please write a new post.
We were able to achieve the requirement of "Creating of new tab to display new work object in portal using snapstart URL".
We used the below snapstart URL to invoke a custom activity "LaunchPortal"
Application URL: http://serverX/prweb/PRServlet?
Operator ID: UserIdentifier=userX@companyY.com
Password: Password=cGVnYQ== (default, no need to modify)
Activity to be invoked: pyActivity=SampleClass-Work.New (We created a new activity "LaunchPoral" in Data-Portal and used it here)
In the LaunchPortal activity, we called ShowDesktop activity in Step 1 and in Step 2 we set "SnapFlag" Property in pyDisplayHarness page to true.
We then created a new section "LaunchCase" in Data-Portal Class, and unchecked the Auto-Generated HTM check box in HTML tab and entered the below code in HTML Source,
var testFlag = "<%=tools.findPage("pyDisplayHarness").getProperty(".SnapFlag").getStringValue()%>";
We added the "LaunchCase" section in the default tab of the portal and finally we checked the "Defer load content" checkbox in the default tab configuration.
Keep up to date on this post and subscribe to comments
- Launch Portal with new work object using snapstart URL
- Changing the close 'X' icon on the work object tab, when using tab-close_on.png in the UserWorkForm Html fragment, the X mark on the work objects is displaying cross correctly (Visible), but in the designer studio, each rule is showing 2 cross marks. Is
- Open a tab at the Portal level on click of a link within the work object work area
- After clicking Edit button, then i need to open new work object to do my work and need to close old work object tab (something like hold that Work Object), after complete work in new work object,again need to open old work object tab automatically
- Snapstart URL not displaying Harness