Case browser for users
Hello all, and please pardon the newbie question. I am developing my first Pega application. I've gone through DCO, have my stages and steps all designed out, and a workflow that seems to fit the basic needs for entering case information.
My question is, besides the "enter-a-case" scenario, how do i present a screen to users where they can see all the information that has been entered? Is this a new alternate-flow? I need more than a report with a line of data, i have many fields (~40-50) and several sub-types that i need to display.
Thanks in advance.
***Updated by moderator: Marissa to close post***
This post has been archived for educational purposes. Contents and links will no longer be updated. If you have the same/similar question, please write a new post.
Right. As you start to get your bearings and learn more as you go, you will see that there are many possibilities.
For instance, if you use the Live UI inspection tools to poke around the UI, you'll see that the list of work items on the Summary page are defined as a Repeat Grid in the customizable pyUserWorkList section. One possibility that comes to mind is to create a section that gives the comprehensive, read-only view of the data you want displayed. Associate it with a flow action and then, using the pyUserWorkList section as a template, configure a repeat grid that gives you the option to launch the flow action to display the work item details by expanding the row, right-clicking the row, etc.
Again, I'm not as much telling you this as "this is how you must do this", but more as "one of the many possibilities" once you become more familiar with these portals and how they are constructed.
Keep up to date on this post and subscribe to comments
- conditionally browser's confirm-exit pop-up alert when user leaves the page is not working in Non-IE browser
- Unable to launch clipboard from User portal in IE 8 browser post upgrade to Pega7
- Browser print function only displays partial header and Live UI overlayed. How can users print the entire screen?
- Session is not killed when browser is closed or user timed out
- where to customize the default message like '.....contact your administrator' in chrome browser when external user accesses prpc froma pega mmashup when theircookies disabled?