Why Show-property can only be used for debugging
We want to display informational message for Mashup users that trying to log by SSO with incorrect authentication header.We must stay on same url and don't have redirection .
We validate the fact to use show-property ( because it's work) but Pega help says that it's only for debugging. Do you have any informations for this information ?
We tried also to use Show-HTML but the Pega platform automatically redirect the request to her thereas we want to keep the same URL where we performed the SSO authentication
1-Trying to connect with mashup with URL https://aaa.com on our pega application
2- The authentication faile and the process passed by Show-html step
3- We got a redirection to pega platform to display html but we want to stay on http://aaa.com
I think that "Show-Property" is indicated as a debugging tool primarily because it breaks the normal processing flow that would otherwise be expected. For your use case, if it works without issue, I would say there is no problem using it.
By the way, Show-Property is a standard usage for Production activities which are called via an AJAX call and which don't have anything to return to the client for the user to see. In that case, we usually just do a show-property of the value "good". It gets returned to the client, but the user (for other expected reasons) does not see it. So it is not just a debugging tool.
Keep up to date on this post and subscribe to comments
- Show-Property method not showing output
- how to debug Strategy property-set component
- [Video]: Support Guide: Debugging Issues while Changing Max Length of a Property
- Is there any OOTB feature available in Pega to show both OLD & NEW value for a property/properties?
- Is there any way in a section that we drop down certain properties in a Rich Text Editor to show that property content which is dragged?