Why Pega Marketing introduced Data-Decision-Request-Customer class?
1) Why Pega Marketing introduced Data-Decision-Request-Customer class to hold the strategies that are configured to a campaign? What is the value add to this design change?
2) Why does the campaign throws an exception on the strategy (Strategy <Strategy Name> is not configured correctly for use in a Campaign) during campaign validation until the strategy uses an embedded strategy that runs on the customer context?
I have attached screenshots of the final and only strategy configuration that did not throw error during a campaign validation below.
In Pega Marketing 7.4, we introduced support for multi-level decisioning (ie. decision at household or individual customer levels) and the notion of a Context Dictionary where you define your marketing data structure and indicate your primary context. The primary context is the entity that will be receiving the email, SMS, push etc and is typically the Customer class.
In order to support the Context Dictionary and have the flexibility to define an arbitrary primary context we introduced a root decisioning class (Data-Decision-Request-Customer) that has a property for each context defined in the Context Dictionary.
Having this support to decision at the household or customer level requires that the strategy canvas contain the appropriate Context shape and exist in the Data-Decision-Request-Customer class. If you are migrating strategies, you can create what we refer to as a "wrapper" strategy that sits in Data-Decision-Request-Customer with the appropriate context and reference a strategy in your customer class.
After you've defined your context dictionary, on the strategy canvas menu, you will see your context entities under Sub strategy menu
Keep up to date on this post and subscribe to comments
- Request for PEGA 7 URL for PEGA DECISION MANAGEMENT ESSENTIALS (7.13) and Marketing Essentials 7.13. Thank you
- Getting exception while trying to save data into Decision Data Store (DDS) using Data Flow in Pega Marketing 7.3.1
- In Class Do we need to run Data Transform work Class or Data Class?
- How to store a Report Defination data of one data class permanantly as local source records in a new data class?
- Guadrail introduced for Decision data ruletype