Usage of Cassandra in Pega Platform
Recent Pega runs Cassandra process on an application server. I am assuming this Cassandra process which sets maximum heap by setting Xmx2963M by default, is used mainly for Decision Data Store. This and Kafka process, which takes about another 1G of application server's memory is taking 4GB of application server's memory.
In current project, the main purpose of usage of Pega is to provide REST services to front end and is not planned to use Decision Data Store. Is it ok to kill this process to save about 3G of memory? I understand that Kafka is used for queue processing, so I am thinking that I shouldn't kill Kafka process.
Any suggestions and comments are appreciated.
You should use -DNodeType to define exactly what you want for the node. If you do not use DDS, decommission it from Decisioning Landing page.
Keep up to date on this post and subscribe to comments
- Cassandra usage in Pega Marketing 7.31
- Cassandra and Cassandra_data folder externalize from Pega Temp dir
- Using CQL (the Cassandra Query Language) from Pega to query Cassandra
- Usage of $Any / $Class / $None in pages & Classes- Guardrail arround their usage? Is their use is still supported and encouraged in Pega 7.2?
- How can I re-direct cassandra logs to a different filesystem in Pega 7.2.2?