Unsuccessful Alexa integration using Pega PE V8.x/7.4 (localhost:8080) running on Tomcat
Hi Pega Experts,
I see there are some of the folks who were successful in Alexa integration using Pega. But I didn't see any posts for a successful integration with Pega PE version. I tried to implement the integration functionality mentioned in the article:https://community.pega.com/knowledgebase/articles/intelligent-virtual-assistant/configuring-iva-alexa but I was unsuccessful to receive the response back to my local host after tunneling of it using ssh command (ssh -R 80:localhost:8080 ssh.localhost.run) from command prompt. Not sure where I went wrong but I noticed that Alexa tried to call our REST service as per the article using my server URL setup done in Alexa integration settings. The interesting part I noticed is that the Pega REST service URL is not yet all accessible globally from the site: https://www.uptrends.com/tools/uptime. Here is my REST service URL in terms of local host perspective.
Before tunneling: https://localhost:443/prweb/PRRestService/alexachannel/srv/alexa
Please don't say that Alexa integration won't work on local host and works on a Pega platform setup done and all :)
Thanks and Regards,
Ravi Kumar Pisupati.
***Edited by Moderator Marissa to update platform capability tags****
1) You won't be able to use browser to verify whether the Alexa service works as the service expects to be accessed by legit amazon requests (Amazon Alexa requires we must verify certificates coming from the requests). That's why in the browser you see 401 - you can take a look in pega logs and observe log entries stating sth along the lines above.
You may want to use browser to access /prweb to verify whether both tunneling + https work (but you should use https and external url). If /prweb works then all the services underneath should work, too. Of course in Alexa console you must provide external url.
2) The service endpoint you see in REST configuration is just a hint how you should access the service. The system itself doesn't know how you reconfigure the outside world to access the system.
Hope it helps
Keep up to date on this post and subscribe to comments
- Alexa Pega Integration Simulation is working, but how to test the integration with actual Amazon Echo/Dot device?
- Personal Edition- Returns error 'http://localhost:8080/prweb/PRServlet' page not found while launching PDN 7.2.1
- Not able to reach Pega from Developer console (Alexa integration)
- Alexa Integration with Pega
- Amazon Alexa Integration in PEGA