Unable to use multiselect in table grid
I have a page list property, let's call it A. And property A has a page list property called B. Also property B has a page list property called C. I have a table that sourced from A. When user click edit button in table grid a pop up is displayed and user add/deletes property B. This pop up also includes a table that sourced from B. I would like to add a multiselect control in a column of B's table and let user modify C property. But I get this error on tracer;
pyWorkPage.A(1).B(2).C was of mode Page List while com.pega.pegarules.data.internal.clipboard.ClipboardPropertyImpl.getStringValue() was expecting String mode
A > B > C
I am using property C for multiselect control and a data page (list) for source. What am I missing here ?
The repeating grid and the modal popup render in the non-template mode. Multi-select list control only supports the template mode.
The multi-select control works only with the template UI. A table with the 'Optimize Code' option unchecked, renders in the non-template mode. However, when the 'Optimize Code' option is enabled, the table changes to the 'Read Only' mode and allows the user to customize it. However, it does not provide the option to Add or Delete item. Hence, the multi-select control is not supported or does not work with the non-template table.
As a workaround use the Repeating Dynamic Layout (RDL) instead of a table.
Customize the RDL as per the requirement.
Hope this helps!
Keep up to date on this post and subscribe to comments
- MultiSelect Option is not getting displayed in Front End while referring it in Table Layout
- Unable to find multi-select list control in Advance control list in UI controls- Pega 7.3
- How to validate grid(table grid) based on property
- Unable to access a tree-grid referenced in a section embedded in another grid
- Unable to See 'Add a new Data Table' Button in the Data Table landing Page