Tying Field Values to View Controls
Working with 8.2
Have a Data Class with Default View created called "XXX-Data-ContactDetails". One of the properties of this class is "Title". Valid values supposed to be "Mr", "Mrs", etc. I want user to select not type. So I chose "PickList" and "DropDown" and proceeded to specify "Mr", "Mrs", etc. in the defintion. Works like a charm.
Now while in this particular example values would always be the same, I wanted to learn. So I decided I don't want to hardcode the values in the Property definition. I wanted to define Field Values.
Proceeded to define two Field Values "Mr" and "Mrs" for "Title" property and Apply-to class "XXX-Data-ContactDetails". I don't think there is any problem with Field Value creation. My problem is how do I now tie them to my "Title" control on my view? I obviously removed the hard-coded values. I was expecting because my Data class has a property "Title" and my Field Values are for "Title" and Applied to my Data class, they would simply show up in the Drop Down List. Needless to say they don't and I don't see any way to specify control to use the Field Values to populate.
What step am I missing to link the Field Values to the Title control in my Data View?
Thank you so much. Screenshot really helped.
Keep up to date on this post and subscribe to comments
- How to pass a parameter to control when it is called from field value?
- Pega 7.2.1 Auto complete control using field values as list source results in unexpected error message.
- In Perform harness, a readonly field which has no values, takes up Placeholder text as its value.
- How to display values in multiselect field, as values are coming from Connect-Rest service.
- In imported History records, message displays the *name* of a Field Value instead of the *value* of the Field Value