Troubleshooting errors on the Merge Wizard
This post outlines a variety of issues you may run into while using the merge wizard integration for Deployment Manager
When submitting a merge, I get an error
“Branch could not be merged. The selected pipeline corresponds to an application which does not contain some or all of the rulesets in this branch: MyBranch.”
- Ensure that you have chosen the correct pipeline.
- Check that all the rulesets present in the branch are associated with the pipeline’s application. The error message indicates which rulesets are causing issues.
- Delete any invalid rulesets in the branch, even if they are empty.
When launching the Merge Wizard, I see an error "There are no pipelines defined on the orchestration system that are available to this application.
This error suggests that the merge wizard can successfully connect to the deployment manager system, but there are no pipelines present which also exist in your current application stack.
- Make sure that RMURL is pointed to the correct Deployment Manager System
- Confirm that a pipeline exists whose Application and Version are present in your current application stack.
- Ensure that merges are enabled for the Application pipeline.
When launching the Merge Wizard, I get an unhandled exception error
These errors come in a variety of forms:
- java.net.MalformedURLException: unknown protocol: xxxx
- java.lang.RuntimeException: javax.net.ssl.SSLException: Unrecognized SSL message, plaintext connection?
- java.lang.RuntimeException: org.apache.http.conn.ConnectTimeoutException: Connect to [XX.XXX.XX.XXX] failed: connect timed out.
- the server responded with an HTTP 404 code, indicating that the resource does not exist
- The RMURL dynamic system setting had a value but is missing /PRRestService at the end.
These errors all suggest that there is a problem with your RMUrl Configuration. RMUrl should…
- end in PRRestService
- start with a valid protocol; https if the target is SSL enabled otherwise http
- refer to a valid system that is available and accessible
When launching the Merge Wizard, I get an authorization error
This error can come in a couple forms
- The server responded with an HTTP 401 code, indicating an authorization problem
- The body of the service's response, which is set up for mapping in the Connector rule, was empty for this service call.
This error suggests that the DMReleaseAdmin Authentication Profile is invalid. Ensure that the username and password is correct and try logging into the Deployment Manager system with the same set of credentials.
This is a frequently asked question about Deployment Manager. Find more answers here.
Keep up to date on this post and subscribe to comments
- Unable to merge rules (error's) from Branch Rule set Wizard
- PEGA Branch Ruleset Merge Wizard Fault
- When I merge I see “Insufficient privilege” error in the merge requests modal
- Pega mashup / IAC troubleshooting: "PRGateway Exception: error response from PRPC" when preview Gadget
- Comment for Article: Troubleshooting: Cancel flow action displays error, “Please correct flagged fields”