Is there a way to Load balance Queue traffic for Agents(running in a cluster) versions prior to 7.3 ?
The final set of servers is classified as RunOnAllNodes, which informs Pega 7.3 to run the agent on all nodes (either simultaneously or on one node only at a time) to properly handle the volume of requests. For example, in a high transactional environment where thousands of transactions take place every hour or even every minute, you may require additional processing steps to complete the transaction and also to keep up with the volume. Load balancing this process across many nodes ensures that each transaction completes on time. Splitting the workload across many nodes may often be needed; the use of RunOnAllNodes is specifically for this purpose.
Is it possible to achieve this load balancing/ some other load balancing on Agent which runs in a cluster for versions prior to 7.3 ?
***Edited by Moderator Marissa to update platform capability tags****
Keep up to date on this post and subscribe to comments
- Mark Node Offline for Load Balancer Prior to Quiesce
- high availability in conjunction with load balancer (with 2 nodes behind the load balancer), do we really need to setup the load balancer with sticky session configuration?
- Assign Work Objects to Agents running on multiple nodes in cluster and All workobject grouped on particular criteria should be processed by one agent.
- Run agents in only one cluster on a multicluster environment
- Agent Not Running in Scheduled Interval Post Cluster Restart