Tagged Users in Pulse do not receive email notification (-)
We have some users in Pega whose email address has a hyphen in it, example: firstname.lastname@example.org
When we tag them in Pulse, the expected behavior dictates that the tagged user should receive an email notification stating that he/she was mentioned in a pulse comment. But, only for the users with email address having a hyphen (-), do not receive an email notification.
For more information,
#1) I have tested the activity @baseclass.SendEmailNotification to send an email notifcation by running it from Designer Studio and setting the necessary parameters manually. We got the below results:
- When the TO recipient is an email address without a hyphen(-), then email is sent
- When the TO recipient is an email address with a hyphen(-), then email is not sent
- When the TO recipient is a list of one email address with a hyphen(-) and another email address without a hyphen(-), then email is sent to recipent list (i.e. to both emails even the one that has a hyphen (-) in it)
#2) We use to have a problem where we cannot tag a user in Pulse if it has a dash(-) in its id. It was solved as part of our SR-D6740 by the support engineer Maciej Surdziel.
#3) After the fix of SR-D6740, the problem described by this SR was not reproduced: tagged users whose email address has a hyphen (-) use to receive an email notification stating that he/she was mentioned in a pulse comment
#4) We upgraded to Pega env 8.2.1 and we starting having the descried problem
From the above 4 points, we can conclude that the problem is a regression after the upgrade. Is there a hot fix available to be applied ?
Steps to Reproduce
- Create an operator that has a dash in its id, like "test-test"
- Tag that user in the pulse
An email notification will not be sent to inform the tagged user that he/she was mentioned in a comment
***Edited by Moderator: Lochan to update platform capability and SR tags***
Keep up to date on this post and subscribe to comments