Support for switching between Chrome and Chrome Beta in Universal Web Adapter
Does the universal web adapter support Chrome Beta? Additionally, is there a way to tell the universal web adapter which version of chrome you want it work work with (Chrome vs Chrome Beta)?
I had assumed that there would be a path to the Chrome executable in the adapter that could be modified to point to either the Chrome or the Chrome beta executable, however i cannot find anything.
Chrome Beta is officially not supported at this time. The Chrome version that is started by the adapter is going to be the one configured as the main version in the registry. The specific registry setting that we check is: "SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\chrome.exe". We first check HKLM and if not there check CurrentUser.
Using automation with two versions of Chrome is also not supported at this time. The reason being is that Pega Robotic Automation only works with one messaginghost version. When starting Chrome Beta and Chrome GA, two versions of messaginghost are started, one for each Chrome main process. We would only work with the first Chrome instance or messaginghost that was started.
Keep up to date on this post and subscribe to comments
- Universal Web Adapter- Chrome- Activating tab containing application
- Unable to Interrogate Chrome- HTML Table Designer- Universal Web Adapter
- Pega Robotics Universal Web Adapter for Chrome not working
- Unable Interrogate a web application using universal web application in chrome
- HTML Table Designer- Universal Web Adapter