Support for Containerization of Pega applications
Q1. Support for Containers (ie. Docker/Kubernetes) is available starting from which version of Pega?
Q2. Can I containerize a Pega 7.x application and deploy on Docker/Kubernetes environment and will it be supported by Pega?
Q3. I have already referred "Cloud Choice" URLs (given below) which states that Pega supports Containers from Pega Platform 8.2 onwards. But we have some Pega 7.x applications (v7.1.7, v7.1.8 and v7.4). Can we migrate them to a Docker/Kubernetes environment?
Pega URLs cited above:
(a) Pega 8.1 and earlier - Supports only Virtual Machines
(b) Pega 8.2 onwards – Supports Kubernetes
Q2: No. I do see clients using docker/k8s in their own testing environments for earlier version. But do not run anything mission critical as it is not supported and you are at your own risk.
Q3: you pretty much found out yourself. Instead of containerize old versions, highly recommend you upgrade and there is a lot to take advantage, check our vision moving forward: https://community.pega.com/knowledgebase/products/platform/project-fnx
Keep up to date on this post and subscribe to comments
- I am facing same issue as support artical after upgrade application to PegaPRPC 6.x to 7.1.9 "https://pdn.pega.com/support-articles/pzinternalcaseflow-error#comment-139441"
- Customer requested to investigate the usage of DynaCache in our Pega 7 Application. We have WebSphere V8.5 and Pega V7.1.6. Can anyone tell me if we need to enable something for dynacache or pega does not supports it. Need details of how dynacache can be
- PEGA 7.4 oracle database upgrade supports PEGA 7.1 application version
- PEGA Application Support and maintenance
- Does AUT(Automated Unit Testing) in Pega support end to end testing for the application????