Stream Service - JOINING_FAILED - Failed to bind
I am new to Pega 8 and have seen that I am getting some issues with Stream Service. We have a cluster (agent01, user01, and user02 for example) and we are using DSS to set the value of the ports.
The problem is eventually when we restart the instances we get "ChannelException: Failed to bind to:ourHost:port" because the port is showing as already taken while before that it joined fine. Consequently stream service is then down.
Some conclusions I have made:
It seems that nodes are fighting for resources since they are all using the same DSS values for the ports. Also it seems like any node is attempting to auto join after a restart as opposed to just agent01.
Because of how everything is setup we are hoping to avoid creating unique prconfig.xml files if possible. I am aware we can set the ports there.
all of that to ask these questions:
- Is there an auto join feature or anyway of influencing that process?
- Is DSS the right/wrong approach when in a clustered environment?
- What influence will setting the (-DNodeType=Stream)have and any ramifications we need to be aware of?
Hoping for an eloquent solution to avoid prconfig but may not exist. Thanks in advance for assistance on this newbie question.
***Edited by Moderator: Lochan to update platform capability tags***
If you have multiple JVMs running on the same machine then you will have to change the port used by stream on every server.
Ensure the following prconfig settings are unique for each stream node and restart the JVMs:
dsm/services/stream/pyKeeperPort (default 2181)
dsm/services/stream/pyJmxPort ( default 9999)
dsm/services/stream/pyPort (default 7003)
Keep up to date on this post and subscribe to comments
- Joining_failed for Kafka node
- File Listener/File Service- Continue the process even when one record fails.
- Stream node remain in "JOINING_FAILED" status
- SOAP Service- Dynamically Create Cases for Different Work Pools (rulesets not available in Service AccessGroup)
- How to Configure Service Request Process for Service- REST (pega v7.4)