'Session-Timeout' back to login screen
Session Timeout can be done on the advance tab of access group or in portal rule using pxSessionTimer.
However, is there a way to take user back to login screen instead of just re-authenticate after period of inactivity.
Sorry for the delay. I noticed my session timer in 7.4 didn't have a function to close all the PRPC child windows on logoff so I added that back in and tested it.
1) Copy pxSessionTimer section rule to an application ruleset and rename to SessionTimer<AppName>
2) Update SessionTimer<AppName> and add all the contents of the SessionTimer_Logoff_74.txt to the existing script block. Just before the ending </script> tag.
3) Add the SessionTimer<AppName> section to you portal header. This is by default pyPortalHeader. It takes up no visible space. Do not put this anywhere that has dynamic content.
4) There is a parameter page for SessionTimer<AppName> once you added it. This lets you control the timeout and warning values. The "Show Authentication screen in" parameter settings has no functionality with this code, it's always a inline modal div.
You can test this by launching the end user portal from the developer portal. The lowest combination you can test with for timeout and warning is 3 & 1. This is because of the way the warning timer works.
With 3 minute timeout and 1 minute warning you will see the logoff countdown timer after 2 minutes with a 1 minute countdown. When the countdown reaches 0 logoff code will fire. When launching from a developer portal the window containing the end user portal will just close, no logoff will occur. (Same as if you use logoff from a launched portal)
Remove existing timeouts:
Once you are done testing you will no longer need any PRPC timeout value configured in end user AccessGroup. Simple remove the value and update the AccessGroup. If using SSO make sure you test with a SSO login before moving out of dev or test into production.
Adjust the timeout and warning values to proper timeout values per your need. Example: 30 minute timeout with 2 minute warning.
Keep up to date on this post and subscribe to comments
- Does Pega timeout sessions based on < session-timeout > setting of web.xml? [7.2.2]
- Acccess Group Authentication timeout OOTB pop up stream needs a change, we want to take back the user to login screen on access group authentication time out
- Session Timeout- Login Screen
- PRPC Login Screen doesn't change on new session
- Redirect session timeout to LDAP from SSO login