Session Affinity options
Hi PSC Community,
This is regarding the F5 load balancer setup.As per our network team F5 does not support cookie based session affinity without terminating SSL at load balancer. This will introduce bandwidth issues at F5 as SSL termination will consume F5 bandwidth. So we have below options:
1. Terminate SSL at F5 and then re-encrypt data before sending it to the worker node.
2. Make F5 pass through from SSL point of view but that does not support cookie based authentication. So we would have to implement source IP based session affinity. As per Pega documentation Pega does not support any other session affinity apart from cookies, so will this implementation even work.
Looking out for inputs/experiences from PSC community based on their implementations of F5 load balancer.
Keep up to date on this post and subscribe to comments
- Is there an option to stop all Requestors at once,instead of going one by one in SMA.We have multiple JVM's and during deployment we have to first knock the browser requestor sessions one by one on all JVM's which is a time consuming and tedious manual ef
- DWA session locks when user exits using browser close option
- Is it possible to Customize session timeout and session restoration? is it possible to enable auto log off on session timeout?
- Requirement- A session should be established and it should end in 30 mins if no action is performed and after 20 mins I should get a pop-up saying that your session will expire in another 10 mins
- Persist User session from memory to Pega database (Session Replication)