Scenario Testing - Automation Recorder issue
I have found that a recorded scenario test can fail when a recorded scenario spans multiple UI pages and UI page transition lags behind the execution of the steps in the recorded scenario. As an example, I record the following scenario:
- UI page 1 has a button. I click the button. The click action causes UI page 2 to be displayed.
- UI page 2 has a button. I click the button. The click action sets the case status to completed.
I playback the recorded scenario.
- UI page 1 is rendered correctly. The button on UI page 1 is clicked.
- There is a delay rendering UI page 2. In the meantime the recorded executes the click button action on UI page 2.
- The case fails since the button action on UI page 2 was not executed properly.
My questions are:
- Is this a defect within the playback of a recorded scenario?
- If not, then should I assume recorded scenarios should be limited to a single UI page?
***Edited by Moderator Marissa to update platform capability tags****
Keep up to date on this post and subscribe to comments