Savable Data Pages v7.4
What is meant by Savable Data pages exactly? As I saw the descriptions it is stating that "You can define a data page to save data to a system of record by using save plans. By using save plans, you can save the updated information after without an activity."
So, Does it mean is it saving to the Internal database or External System database or it will just update the Data page ?
As per my knowledge System of Records means the Page/Page List will get the data from the external system as reference.
Please clarify me on this, I'm confused about this.
Please find the answers to your queries as follows,
- Is this Savable Data page applicable only for the Data type rule (Data table) ? i.e, for the local storage – No. This supports all classes irrespective of local storage.
- Saving the Data page means
- If it is a Page structure we are populating - Will it save the updated page to DB ? – Yes.
- If it is a List structure we are populating - Will it save the updated page list or newly added page list to DB ? – For list type, “Database save” option is not available under Data save options in the data page. One has to choose “Activity” save option in the “Save type” drop down and have their own logic to save the list.
- If we are using List and adding a new page to the list of Data page - how we will add new page is it using <APPEND> keyword or using Data Transform append to ? – You can use either of them given the data page is not “Read-only”
- On the Data Save options if we select the Database save option and
- If we select the same class as Data page class - Will it save directly to the DB ? - Yes
- If we put the other class than Data page class - Will it save to the new class (table mapped) which is mentioned and Does the both class structures need to be same (new class mentioned and the Data page class) and what need to be specified on the DataTransform for new class ? – The data transform should have the necessary steps to do the mapping of the properties from the data page class to the new class.
- Data page save means will it save to the Defer save? – Yes
- Will it committed to the DB when the next commit happens - explicitly or through OOTB (assignment complete) ? If the savable data page is added as part of the flow action, commit happens on assignment completion. So, no explicit commit is required.
- If we select the Data Save options - Activity with Save-Datapage option with writenow, will it commit immediately like Obj-Save with writenow ? - Yes
Hope this clarifies your doubts related to the savable concept introduced in Pega.
Keep up to date on this post and subscribe to comments
- How to configre savable data page in flow action action tab under savable data page category?
- Issue in Savable Data Page with Data Page Structure List
- Unable to save customer data via savable data page
- Activity and Local save in Data save options of Savable Data Page
- How to get current data on Work Object after saving Savable Data Page