Replicate "Create Work" action via Activity
Hello everyone! Hope you all are fine.
I want to replicate the exact behavior of the "Create Work" action, but on an activity. This means that if I call my activity in the Click event of a button, it will do the following things:
- Open a new tab.
- Create a new case.
- Display it in the new tab.
- The new tab will be my current tab, so my current thread in the Clipboard will be also for the new tab.
I traced the Create Work action when using it on a button and I see it executes Code-Security.ApplicationSetup activity and @baseclass.doUIAction activity with the "action" parameter set to "createNewWork" and several other params. I tried replicating that, setting the exact same parameters needed (action, className, flowName and portalName) but it does the following:
- Creates a new case.
It doesn't open a new tab or creates a new thread. It just creates a new case.
Could anyone please provide some help regarding this? Please notice that using the Create Work action in a Section IS NOT what we need for this requirement. I specifically need to create a new case and display it in a new tab using an activity.
Thank you so much in advance!
EDIT 5/22/2019: I have also tried all suggestions from this post, none of them work for my case.
***Edited by Moderator Marissa to update platform capability tags****
Keep up to date on this post and subscribe to comments
- "Get Next Work" Action is not working properly
- Why set a refresh condition when there is already a refresh-section action- "Creating Dynamic UIs" exercise
- 7.1.7: Work types saved to dedicated tables don't appear in "Create Case(s)" smart shape by default.
- 7.2 Why "substitute operator if any is used instead. " if "Operator is available to receive work" is selected
- Unable to move work object data from Pega 7.2 to Pega 6.1 using "Package Work" wizard