R-A-P file extraction is not updated when specified file name is reused
I have identified that R-A-P file extraction is not updated when specified file name is reused. For example, let's say, I have an application called MyApp, and 100 rule / data instances are extracted thru "Create product file" button in product rule. After file is created, let's say, add one more rule (or data) instance in product rule (You can use "individual instances to include"). After addition, if you specify different file name, you will get 101 instances extracted successfully. However if you specify the same file name, you will still get 100 instances which is unexpected behavior to me.
Why does Pega Platform behave like this? Is this supposed to be a product defect or designed as such. It occurs in any version 7x or 8x. Please let me know.
***Edited by Moderator Marissa to update platform capability tags****
Keep up to date on this post and subscribe to comments
- 7.1.9 How to preserve Exported/Imported RAP package files that reside in the "Service Export" directory, even in the cases that Extract Marker file has been deleted?
- Database schema changes scripts are not extracted in RAP file
- Declare Expression stopped working after R-A-P import
- Unable to import R-A-P with Pega 7.4
- Best practice on options in R-A-P