Questions about MultiSelect control
I have implemented a multi-select control.
Is it possible to restrict free form text entry? The list does not restrict user input to dropdown choices, user can manually enter free form text. There should be a simple option to disable this similar to standard dropdown
It seems that once you click dropdown arrow you can only choose one option at a time. This is very user unfriendly as it requires frequently clicking the arrow when you have multiple entries. Is there a work around to this.
It would be good if there were options as to how the list was displayed (not just dropdown)
I was also looking at the list to list control in the UI Gallery but it seems a lot of effort to configure. Why was the control deprecated?
Below are my findings on Multiselect configuration. Hope this might help you.
- Drop down control will allow user to select only one option from the list. Drop down control is used for small list of options.
- Autocomplete control is used for list with huge data however, it allows user to select only one option from the list.
- Whereas, Multiselect Control is used for list with small as well as huge data and it allows user to select multiple options from the list.
- In the Multiselect control, the input option (Cursor) is provided to search the options from the list.
- By the Product design, If "Allow free form input" option is unchecked, whatever input we are trying to type and use in the control other than the existing options from the list will be considered while running the case but, it will not be saved to the database.
- "Allow free form input" option is be present in the Presentation tab of the cell properties of the Multiselect control. Below is the screenshot for your reference,
- You can verify the above said functionality in the clipboard by enabling and disabling the "Allow free form input" and saving the results by submitting a case.
Keep up to date on this post and subscribe to comments
- Unable to find multi-select list control in Advance control list in UI controls- Pega 7.3
- UI Control to display data from a page list, control should not be dropdown or multiselect.
- Replacing HTML Multiselect control with Pega Control
- How to do multiselect with AutoComplete Control
- Implementation of MultiSelect control in Pega 7?