PrpcServiceUtils encrypt pega.rest.server.url operator passwords
A quick background - I am using prpcserviceutils command line tool to achieve export/import the prpc product. It is working good. however, as part of security requirements we cannot keep plain text password on server hence there is a need to encrypt the operator password used at pega.rest.server.url parameter which is supplied from within prpcserviceutils.properties file.
Just fyi .. we have already implemented/utilizing the keyring password file for DB connection but not sure if the same method can be used at operator password field.
***Edited by Moderator Marissa to update platform capability tags****
Keep up to date on this post and subscribe to comments
- PrpcServiceUtils Want to encrypt pega.rest.server.url operator password
- Operator password encryption after upgrade
- Has anyone used Data at Rest Encryption in Pega using Transparent Data Encryption (TDE).
- Using prpcServiceUtils to connect remotely to Pega environment running on Tomcat server for import of jars works correctly when using http endpoint but fails when using https.
- Why the URL parameters get encrypted in Pega 8? (?pzuiactionzzz=...)