Property-Set-Messages soft stop
I'm currently working with an activity used to evaluate input in a property. When the value is over a certain amount I'm trying to have a message displayed that they are entering a value over that amount just as a reminder or warning. I've used Property-Set-Messages, however the page will not save unless the property value is over said amount. We don't need a hard stop for this, just a reminder or warning. Any suggestions? Thank you all.
***Edited by Moderator Marissa to update platform capability tags****
1. Create a transient type text property.
2. Use your activity (assuming it gets triggered by an UI event) to set the warning message value to that property.
3. Add a section/layout on top (or somewhere on your UI) with visbility condition .YourNewProperty != ''
4. Within the section show that property value as formatted text
5. Whatever UI event triggers that activity, make it to refresh the UI so that your custom warning section/layout gets visible when there is an warning.
Being a transient type property, you don't really need to reset this property after assignment submit.
If you're planning to add more than one warnings, create a transient type page list instead.
Keep up to date on this post and subscribe to comments
- How to remove property name prefix in error messages set using Property-Set-Messages
- Can Page-Set-Message show in Field Level, without using property-set-Message
- Why property-set-messages not accepting messages
- Property-Set-Messages not clearing the messages
- How to get error message for page list properties without extra verbiage added to it using Page-Set-Messages