Product Rules RAP – to execute the DDLs using the automatic option via Pega Import Wizard
Please consider the below environments:
Environment A – Pega v7.x, Database as PostgreSQL
New Environment B - Pega v7.x, Database as PostgreSQL/Oracle/SQL Server
Using RAP - I had extracted data using for table A from Environment A.
And I am moving or loading the data into another environment using same pega version with a different database using Pega product rule (i.e. using the RAP files).
In this scenarios, if we select automatically option to execute the scripts (DDL) into the different database using import wizard (instead manually option):
Do pega tool considers the compatibility and execute the DDL scripts automatically via Import Wizard?
Do Pega throws the warnings related to data type and length constraints during the execution of the import wizard?
**Moderation Team has archived post**
This post has been archived for educational purposes. Contents and links will no longer be updated. If you have the same/similar question, please write a new post.
The RAP file does not contain DDL but instead contains the schema structure of the db objects. The import wizard will generate DDL appropriate for the system/database it is being imported into and assuming that the db user running the target system has the appropriate privileges you can automatically apply those changes.
Keep up to date on this post and subscribe to comments
- Issue with the script generated from the View/Download SQL DDL option when importing products via the Import Wizard
- Create Pega Product File- RAP Type- Best Options in terms of performance and security
- Script (Windows script) to import Pega product RAP
- RAP Import Options for Pega 8.1
- Import 5.3 RAP into Pega7.1.8: There is nothing to import-- rules already present in the database