Pega's design view behind Email Channel & Interface and Interaction case & OOTB Email Triage case.
Our Application is running on Pega platform version 7.3.1 & Customer Service framework version 7.3.1
An Email Channel Interface is implemented using Channels and Interfaces. When an email is received in the configured email account then the listener reads it and creates an OOTB ET- case for it and as the application is on CS framework, the ET- case creates an I- case in CS stack.
As we understand the ET- case is expected to stay in background and I- case is to be worked upon by user. Email content is maintained in the ET- case and the email content in the ET- case to be fetched & displayed with in I- case as an embedded component enabling user to view & reply. The reply also to be saved in ET- case but should be fetched and displayed in I- case. When the I- case is wrapped up then the ET- case also to be resolved in the background.
What is Pega's design view behind these 2 cases to carry out an interaction life cycle? Is our understanding in-line with Pega's design view?
Appreciate your thoughts & comments..
Keep up to date on this post and subscribe to comments
- Configuring IVR Channels & Interfaces
- Deploying Email Channel and Interface Pega 7.x and 8.x
- 'Design & Implementation' Lesson for CLSA course
- what is Pega’s recommendation on resolving the email loading issues when opening an email interaction has been created through email body which contains large embedded images sent to an email listener? What is the OOTB fix for this issue?The issue is that
- OOTB SMS & Email Treatments