Pega Upgrade - Move Rules Schema from Lower environment to production
Currently we are Upgrading our Application from Pega 6.1 SP2 to Pega 8.1.4
For Production deployment, we are just thinking if the below strategy works to have minimum down time :
We would like to run migrate script to export the Rule-Class tables from production into a new rules schema in our Pre-Prod environment.
Then run the Rule Schema(Copy of Production rules ) and Data-Schema (from Pre-Prod) Upgrade process in Pre-Prod
Import the SI framework
Import E& I Rule Book
Import Upgrade Application RAP
Bring down production system
Copy the upgraded Rule Schema from Pre-Prod Environment back to Production Rule-Schema and then do the Data only Upgrade in production
We have doubts if this is going to work with SI Framework in place , are there any specific data instances that are loaded into Data Schema while importing SI and E&I Rule book jars.
If Yes, Can we get the list of instances that can be loaded separately into application post Copying the rules schema and before Data Schema upgrade in production.
Keep up to date on this post and subscribe to comments
- Move rules schema from lower env to production
- Procedures and Views are invalidated when moving into higher environments for upgrade- Life & Shift approach
- Pega 6.1 SP2 to Pega 7.2.2 Rules Upgrade- In place db upgrade- Resume IndexReference_11.jar import takes more time is that normal- any suggestion to make import faster
- Unable to find the Data type to edit or add new record, once product rule moved to other environment
- IE Error: After Pega 6.3 upgrade- While creating naviagation rule