Pega test automation features, best practices & FAQ
Pega offers several capabilities to perform continuous testing and deliver high quality applications. Objective is to enable users to develop and maintain automated tests for their applications catering various testing needs and monitor the application quality on a continuous basis to take corrective actions early in the cycle.
“Pegaunit” framework offers “Unit testing” capabilities for Pega applications. This is provided out of the box and needs no separate license. Refer below links to understand more about this framework and how to work with it.
- Overview of Pega unit testing & it’s features
- How to setup & clean-up test data
- How to maintain a test application & it’s related settings for an application
- Integrating pega unit tests into pipeline
- Course on unit testing
“Scenario testing” framework offers UI based end to end functional testing capabilities for case types and portals of a pega application. This is provided out of the box and needs no separate license. Refer below links to understand more about this framework and how to work with it.
“Selenium starter kit” is a generic selenium based UI test framework that users can use to build automated test suites for Pega applications. Refer below links to understand more about this framework and how to work with it.
This feature allows users to measure the effectiveness of the testing done against the applications. It gives information about the covered/not-covered rules with the testing performed. Below links can be referred to get more information on this feature.
Application quality dashboard of an application allows users to visualize and monitor the quality of the application on a regular basis. It provides few built-in metrics by default and users can customize the dashboard to add more metrics relevant to their applications. Below links can be referred to get more information on this.
Keep up to date on this post and subscribe to comments
- About TMF & automated unit testing.
- Is there any OOTB feature available in Pega to show both OLD & NEW value for a property/properties?
- Information on Pega Robotics,OpenSpan Versions & Features
- Pega Robotic Automation & Pega 7
- Differentiators of Pega Robotics Vs Blue Prism, UiPath & Automation Anywhere