Pega Robot Runtime not starting on Windows 2016 server
We have installed the Robot Runtime (v19.1) on a Windows 2016 server. When we try to start the Runtime we see the splash screen then it closes. In the Windows Event viewer we are seeing the following error:
"Activation of app Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy!CortanaUI failed with error: This app can't be activated by the Built-in Administrator. See the Microsoft-Windows-TWinUI/Operational log for additional information."
We cannot locate the further log as suggested by the error message.
We have set the AllowRunWithNoPackage setting to 'true' in the RuntimeConfig file.
Anyone else seeing this issue?
We resolved this by launching the Robot Runtime Engine directly (C:\Program Files (x86)\Pegasystems\Pega Robot Runtime\OpenSpan.Runtime). By default, the 19.1 Pega Robotic Automation Installer created a shortcut to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Pegasystems\Pega Synchronization Engine\Pega.Loader.exe" -p Runtime -e OpenSpan.Runtime.exe". Windows Server 2016 didn't like this and threw the error seen above.
Keep up to date on this post and subscribe to comments
- Pega RPA Service: Runtime not starting in Windows 2016
- Pega Robotic automation 8- Windows Server 2016 Compatibility
- Compatibility Pega 7.4 and Package Server with Windows Server 2016
- Pega Platform on Tomcat terminating with exception Address already in use on Windows Server 2016 Datacenter
- Clients with OS Windows Server 2016 + IE11 on Pega Platform 7.1.9