Pega Proactive Notice: Thread Locking
Environments on the following Pega 8.X releases may possibly experience an issue with user or batch sessions becoming blocked or unresponsive:
- Pega 8.1
- Pega 8.1.1
- Pega 8.1.2
- Pega 8.1.3
- Pega 8.1.4
- Pega 8.1.5
- Pega 8.2
- Pega 8.2.1
- Pega 8.2.2
All subsequent Pega 8.X releases include mitigation to this potential issue.
How to avoid the issue
To ensure relevant environments do not incur the thread locking issue, it is recommended that all environments proactively enable a defined configuration setting.
This setting must be configured via prconfig.xml or a JVM command line argument. It cannot be set via a Dynamic System Setting.
Steps to Take
To avoid this issue using a prconfig.xml setting follow the steps described in the Modifying the prconfig.xml file Designer Studio Help article to add the below setting to every Pega node/JVM in the cluster:
<env name=”lac/traditionalLACRegisterSynch” value=”true” />
To avoid this issue through a generic JVM argument add the below string to every Pega node/JVM in the cluster. How to add generic JVM arguments varies between application servers and your environment setup. Contact Pega GCS if you need help.
*IMPORTANT* After implementing the change, an accompanying node restart must be initiated.
If you encounter issues implementing the prconfig change or have questions about it, post your questions below. The Global Client Support engineers in the PSC will answer your questions or determine and advise if you need to go to My Support Portal to submit a Support Request (SR).
Keep up to date on this post and subscribe to comments
- "Pega Proactive Notice: Thread Locking" for PRPC731.
- NOTICE: Mobile Build Server Requires Secure Connection
- I've noticed that when we run the Pega install or update scripts during product installation or upgrade, the scripts require ANT_HOME to be set. The scripts are running fine, but our Release Management team is asking why these scripts require ANT. They
- [PEGA 7.1.9] Noticed random occurrences of the same SQLState HY008 error on the logs
- Pega 7.3 Unable to passivate page issue noticed in the log file.