Password Hashing in Authentication Service
We are integrating with LDAP for authentication for our operators to login to our Pega applications. We configured this using the Authentication Service leveraging on the Pega OOTB LDAP service provider JNDI (com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtxFactory) and implementing Secured LDAP. In the Authentication Service, we have specified the Bind Distinguish Name and Bind Password.
I would like to know, if I configure password hashing as SHA-256 in my prconfig (implementing <env name="crypto/onewayhashalgorithm" value="SHA-256"/>), does Pega apply this hashing algorithm to the Bind Password I have saved in my LDAP Authentication Service?
***Moderator Edit: Vidyaranjan | updated SR details***
***27/07/2017: Updated by moderator: Lochan to add documentation feedback request ID***
**Moderation Team has archived post**
This post has been archived for educational purposes. Contents and links will no longer be updated. If you have the same/similar question, please write a new post.
Keep up to date on this post and subscribe to comments
- Custom Authentication in SystemManagement Import service- How to retrieve pega.reset.username and pega.rest.password
- Can pega support to data masking for non passwords data fields by uing hashing algorithm SHA-512
- password hashing post upgrade from 7.1.x to 7.3.x
- Activity to validate operator ID and password (non-hashed)
- The portal configured in anonymous authentication service should not be used for anonymous authentication service