OOTB One time password / Two Factor Authentication
I have a small question and hopefully someone has solved this already. When I enable One Time Password via e-mail, only when the operator logs in for the first time -or- when (s)he needs to change the password (for example via Force new password on next logon), the e-mail with the OTP code will be send to that operator. In all other instances of logging in - from either the same terminal as well as from a different PC - the operator is logged in without Pega asking for the OTP.
Any ideas on the logic behind this?
I have tried on Pega 7.4, 8.2 and 8.3.
We did manage to set pyLongLivedToken in a DT pyChangePasswordOTPParams and verified it was called before pxSendOTP but it did not make any difference.
Alternatively: how do you override the OTP behavior using Custom Authentication Service? The page I keep getting directed to only mentions to create either activity or JSON service, but no further information on how to implement this.
Keep up to date on this post and subscribe to comments
- How to force change password for two factor authentication
- Acccess Group Authentication timeout OOTB pop up stream needs a change, we want to take back the user to login screen on access group authentication time out
- Multi-Factor Authentication
- Multi factor authentication
- Sharepoint Integration with MFA(Multi Factor Authentication)