Number of controls to a Web Adapter
I have a performance question about Web Adapters. Is there a limit to the number of controls that you can have with a Web Adapter? I have noticed with my Web Adapter that the interrogated web page's load speed has severely decreased since adding a few more controls. I'm just wondering if this could be caused by having too many interrogated controls. The robotics studio version that I'm using is: 8.0.2021.0. This issue isn't happening when I run the bot, just when interrogating.
The matching process will always be slower in interrogation than in Runtime because of the overhead of drawing the matching in the UI (and whatever else Studio has to display). Adding more controls will decrease the speed with which all of the controls match. Think about it this way; if matching is like a valet returning you multiple cars from a garage, the more cars that you ask her to return to you, the longer that is going to take. The specific match rules you use can also affect the speed. Try to use specific ones like IDs and Names or other inherent attributes of a control. Text and/or RegeEx are slower. Things like Path seem slowest in interrogation mode at least. Control Child MRs are the slowest.
Keep up to date on this post and subscribe to comments
- Pega Robotic Studio: How to convert OpenSpan.Adapters.Web.Controls.Image object into System.Drawing.Image object
- Web adapter does not detect any html control
- Web application opened through windows adapter won't stop even though the web adapter is closed
- Robotics Web Adapter: how to attach the web adapter to (existing website) opened by the agent (Attended Robot)
- Restrictions on Web adapter (for IE), and Windows adapters (for Excel and Access forms)