Not Available VS Blocked Rules?
Can somebody tell me difference between Rule Availability options Not Available and Blocked rules.
thanks in advance
Rule Resolution is the process Pega uses to determine the most appropriate rule to execute.
I have attached a document that talks about steps of rule resolution in detail.
At the end of rule cache population a Not available rule will not be picked up as default rule as they are eliminated in 2nd step. However , a default rule can be a blocked rule also. While check for blocked rule is made then user will get a notification about it. When a blocked rule becomes a default rule and is picked, it means that it is going to block other candidates no matter even if they are available. So major difference between Not available and Blocked rule is that the Not available will not effect any other rules and will not be a blocker for other candidates to become default rule.While Blocked rule is capable of becoming a default rule.If it happens to be picked, then it will throw a notification. With that we can come to know a blocked rule is blocking the other candidates.
Hope this helps.
Keep up to date on this post and subscribe to comments
- Why would referencing rules not show for Connect SQL rules?
- How to refactor rule set details when refactoring rules?
- How to retrieve Test rules referred from Application rules?
- Can we reference connector rules in Flow rules?
- Can we customize application overlay to include other rules like Service REST and Parse Rules?