Need Information regarding Upgrade from Pega 7.2.2 to Pega 8.1
We want to upgrade our Pega application from version 7.2.2 to version 8.1. But before that we need to analyse the effort that would be involved in the upgrade and post-upgrade fixes and then make an informed decision.
1. Can we use the Estimator Tool for the same. If so, can someone share the link to download and the steps to configure. From PDN I see that this is available only for upgrade till 7.x.
2. Can we leverage the 30-day cloned staging environment strategy that Pega offers prior to upgrade and then decide based on the state of the application. What is the kind of support Pega would offer here and the costs involved. I am referring to:
3. Does anyone have experience upgrading their application from 7.x to 8.1 and the challenges faced post upgrade. Our project is in a critical state and we want to ensure that the upgrade is smooth.
***Edited by Moderator Marissa to update platform capability tags****
Keep up to date on this post and subscribe to comments
- Pega marketing Upgrade from 7.22 to 8.1
- Pega 6.1 SP2 to Pega 7.2.2 Rules Upgrade- In place db upgrade- Resume IndexReference_11.jar import takes more time is that normal- any suggestion to make import faster
- Upgrade List views and Embedded Listviews in Sections using Upgrade Accelerator Pack- Pega 7.2.2
- Pega upgrade 7.2.2 to 7.3.1 upgrade issue
- HotFix Required For Upgrade From Pega 6.2 SP2 To Pega 7.2.2 Version