Modify Word document attached in a case in Pega 8.3
I have the following requirement:
At the creation of a case, I have to attach an external document (word) into the Work Object, and allow the User to modify directly this document in Pega without downloading it. I did manage to save the document into Pega as attachment by using a Java Object property and the "AttachToWork" activity. But now I am trying to edit this document directly in Pega and I can't figure it out how (I did an extensive research in Pega Community). I did use the "EditAttachment" local action but when I click on the attachment I want to edit it simply does not do anything: the "Show-HTML" method inside the activity does not seem to work. I have read that this functionality might be related to Silverlight, which is about to be decommissioned. Also the "Snowbound viewer" does not allow editing of a document but only viewing it.
Do you know any way we can directly modify a word document in Pega 8.3? It's an extremely important requirement from the customer side and it does seem quite strange that such a basic functionality is not achievable easily with Pega.
Thanks for your help!
Keep up to date on this post and subscribe to comments
- editing a word document which is attached to the case, inline within prpc when the user have to edit, and it should save automatically
- How to attach word document generated by pega (using silverlight) to a email and send to user.
- how to genarate word document from work object and attach this document and send in mail attachment.
- Generate a Word Document out of Word Template on Server Side and attach to work object. Please suggest.
- Attaching Documents from a third party doc capture software to Pega Case