Modification of Paragraph rule's Source in V7.2.2 will cause any issues after upgrade into V8.x?
Hi Pega Experts,
We have done modification of Paragraph rule's Source content to meet the biz requirement on the UI element. For eg: We have a added <img> tag at the end of the line in Source to show asterisk (*) for a particular question to display on the Dynamic Layout. Here is the code used in this aspect.
<span style="font-family:arial,helvetica,sans-serif;">2. Have you ever been told by your doctor or clinic that you have an irregular or abnormal heartbeat, poor circulation in your legs, clogged arteries or a heart attack? <img src="webwb/requiredstar.gif" /></span>
As I am not UI expert in this context, I would like to know whether this will cause any issues after we go live using V8.x later.
Ravi Kumar Pisupati.
***Edited by Moderator Marissa to update platform capability tags****
Hi Ravi, the paragraph that you have modified is in your app ruleset, so that should in itself not be affected by an upgrade. What you would need to pay attention to though is e.g. the image reference. Is the requiredstar.gif your gif in your app ruleset or are you relying on the OOTB gif in the webwb location, if it's the latter you may want to cross-check whether that image still exists or is it deprecated and replaced with new images/icons to use in the newer Pega version.
Keep up to date on this post and subscribe to comments
- Delegated DATA rule. Can you prevent 'Skip running validate rule' on data import (Pega 7.3.1)
- Can we upgrade pega V7.2.2 to V7.4 without down time?
- error 'unable to locate rule' when saving section
- Drag-and-Drop feature in adding Specifications- v7.3 having issues, it was working in v7.2.2
- PRPC V7.3 rollback to PRPC V7.2.2 facing below issue when restarting after rollback.